Santiago & Friends | Family Center for Autism is excited that you’re interested in beginning services. In order to make the admissions process go smoothly, please make sure to complete all required steps. Should you need personal assistance with the process, please contact our Front Desk Staff who will guide you through each step.
Please contact us at (407) 895-0801 or email at email@example.com if you have any questions! If you’re a provider looking to send us a client referral, THANK YOU! Please click here for the referral form.
There are 6 steps to the application process for Santiago & Friends | Family Center for Autism. The more diligent you are in intake process, the sooner your child can become a client. Please note, these steps do NOT apply to our Supported Employment program. Please scroll down to the bottom of the page for those services.
Print and complete the S&F Initial Client Intake. Please be as thorough as possible.
If you are paying privately for therapy, you can skip step 3. If you are wanting to bill insurance, we will need a copy of your child’s diagnosis (full diagnosis report from your child’s doctor when he/she was diagnosed), prescription for ABA therapy (on a prescription pad with doctor’s signature), and a copy of your primary insurance card for your child (front and back). This information can be provided in person or faxed to 407-895-0803. This information is very important and MUST be submitted before our Front Desk Staff can go over your therapy costs with you.
Required Documents (Download Checklist Here)
- Primary Insurance (Copy of FRONT & BACK of insurance card)
- Secondary Insurance (Copy of FRONT & BACK of insurance card)
- Diagnosis Report (Full diagnosis report required from a neurologist, licensed medical professional and/or pediatrician)
- IEP (Individual Education Plan, if applicable)
- Speech Evaluation Report (If applicable)
- ABA Prescription (Please upload your prescription for ABA therapy on a script pad with physician’s signature stating your child needs ABA therapy)
Front Desk Staff will call you to discuss therapy options, go over insurance findings, and provide next steps.
Our Front Desk Staff will work with you to schedule an assessment. Once an assessment is scheduled, you will need to fill out the assessment packet at least two weeks prior to your scheduled assessment.
Once the assessment has been completed with your BCBA, treatment plan recommendations and your child’s schedule will be discussed and agreed upon.
Our Front Desk Staff will send you the enrollment documents, which will be collected prior to your therapy start date.
Welcome to the Santiago & Friends family!
HOW DO I PAY FOR ABA?
- We contact your insurance provider to verify coverage for ABA services. If issues arise, we will work with you during the pre-authorization process
- We complete all necessary paperwork and submit it to insurance for every re-authorization period to ensure that your services remain covered.
- We bill your insurance directly and resolve any denied claims
The Steven A. Geller Autism Coverage Act requires health insurance plans to provide coverage to an eligible individual for:
- Well-baby and well-child screening for diagnosing the presence of autism spectrum disorder.
- Treatment of autism spectrum disorder through speech therapy, occupational therapy, physical therapy, and applied behavior analysis.
Coverage for the services shall be limited to $36,000 annually and may not exceed $200,000 in total lifetime benefits for an individual under 18 years of age or an individual 18 years of age or older who is in high school who has been diagnosed as having a developmental disability at 8 years of age or younger.
Citation: Fla. Stat. Ann. §627.6686
DOES INSURANCES COVER ALL SERVICES OFFERED BY SANTIAGO & FRIENDS?
No! Not all services provided by Santiago & Friends are covered by insurance. Some services such as art therapy and social groups may not be covered. Please ask to clarify any coverage for services before appointments are scheduled. You will be responsible for costs.
DOES SANTIAGO & FRIENDS HAVE A PRIVATE PAY RATE?
Santiago & Friends does have an out-of-pocket rate for those individuals who are interested. Our main goal is to keep the cost of services as low as possible, while maintaining the quality of our service.
CAN MEDICAID PAY FOR SERVICES?
Santiago & Friends’ is Medicaid approved! We currently accept Medicaid and CMS.
WHICH INSURANCE COMPANIES ARE SANTIAGO & FRIENDS CURRENTLY IN-NETWORK WITH?
Santiago & Friends currently accepts:
- Blue Cross, Blue Shield New Directions
- Florida Blue
- United Healh (OPTUM) Behavioral Health
- TriCare South
If your insurance company covers services and we are not currently in-network, please contact Santiago & Friends to expedite our provider status and to address how to begin services.
If your child is 3 years of age through 12th grade with one of the following disabilities: autism, cerebral palsy, Down syndrome, Prader-Willi syndrome, Spina bifida, Williams syndrome, or Intellectual Disability (severe cognitive impairment), or if he or she is deemed “high risk” due to developmental delays, then he or she may qualify for a special scholarship called the Personal Learning Scholarship Accounts (PLSA) through the Step Up For Students initiative! Funds from this scholarship can be applied to a variety of services and materials, including therapy. Click on the link to find out more!
We are an approved provider for the PLSA!
Still have questions? Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.